Technology - innovations in technology for learning typically yield several benefits:
- learning enhancement - appropriately used current and emerging technology can significantly increase learning.
- tracking - quality technologies enable us to monitor and measure student learning and progress.
- delivery - technologies enable us to deliver learning experiences quickly and efficiently to broader audiences quickly and at relatively low cost
- management - technologies allow learners and others to manage their learning more effectively
- efficiency to reduce cost and time to produce instruction
- checkpoints and controls for creating quality instruction
- empowerment to the instructional designer to be creative and innovative
Theory - innovations in instructional theory, or how to design what the learning experience actually looks like, yield several benefits including (but not limited to):
- increased efficiency in the student learning experience
- improvements in meeting the defined learning outcomes and goals
- increased student motivation in learning
- increased ability for students to transfer their learning to the real world